Thread: TT-01 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
ryanrc03
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanedc
Ryan,
are you still using the stock bk101 esc? If so, you might cook it with a 12 turn motor.I did.Many people have been very lucky and not. I recommend the dynamite tazer 12 esc.I am using it and it works great and is cheap.you can gear that combo 61/21 or 22 and get good top end with acceleration.Or give up acceleration for top speed and go 58/23.
Thanks for the response. No I picked up a combo on ebay, I figure its good enough. I have heard it is decent which bc all i want is fun I was being very conservative with my cash. I got the traxxas 12T titan motor and the XL-5 esc. I will look into the shorter gears 61/21,22 all I am doing is drifting with it so top speed really isnt needed but I guess stretching out the gears a little would help the motor run cooler. I will watch my temps and play with the gears a bit. Thanks again!
BTW how fast are you getting with the 12t motor. Again I am not using it for high speed passes or anything just curious is all. Would it keep up with my nitro inferno GT running upper 50's low 60's in MPH?

EDIT: I am sure I will probably figure this out this weekend when I swap electronics but what is the stock gearing?