R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Clockwork Racing Engines DM-1 Spec Picco 28
Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Over_revO
Im not getting into this thread to rape anybody or anything related but just to give my opinion on what i tested and owned personaly.

Here we go,

in the video of my P9R it was pretty cold outiside and the engine had sluggish low end due to outside temp and still had a little of metal pinch.

It was also just a quick test, did couple of runs and reinstalled the OS.28Xz next.

We also did the 2 engine test the same day, same car, same tires , same pipe, same gearing. etc...

I cannot see legit to compare my test with someone else test until the test involve the same setup.

Tires have a huge impact on top speed, the bigger the tires = wider gearing.

I know you are using MT wheels with streched Jato tires, i dont know if thats what was used for the 68mph run though...

But from 68 to 73 theres still a lot to do, in the video you just posted by the sound of it i dont think the car have gone to 60 once (in the vid)
Not to rape or anything,

the engine you did have a good bottom end like a good .28, it does sound high pitch because of the raised exhaust port, but i would still like to see a true comparison.

Ofna DM1 1/7 scale (longer than your)
16T20T gearing (stock)
stock ofna rubber tires
ofna 086 pipe

Then you would also need a ABmods Picco .21 P9R because the area you run may be help top speed, i see difference from a place to another where i run, and both surface look flat.

You see in my vid i can also do the same speed back and forth.

In my test i noticed with everything stock on the car:

stock OS28: 63mph
ABmods OS28: 71mph
Picco .21 P9R: 73mph

In acceleration the Picco .21 was already near 70mph passing by us where the stock OS 28 was topping out after passing by us.

For brutal force the .28s are of course stronger on bottom end, no surprise since they are not designed the same...

peak power of the stock OS 28 is was lower than the Picco .21 P9R wich explain the top speed difference using stock gears:

edit: i was to post the OS 28 drag mod vs stock graph from Abmods but i dont have enought post on the forum lol

Stock OS28 1.97hp (peak 27800 rpm)
ABmods drag mod OS28 2.51hp (peak 28300 rpm )
stock Picco .21 2.14hp (peak 35000 rpm)
Stage 2 Picco .21 P9R 2.35hp (peak near 35000rpm)

But even drag modified (and i can tell you it is well modified, a lot of test have been done with the OS28 by ABmods, with my help.)
even drag modified it could not spin as fast as the .21, but its close and have more bottom.

But again the .21 is just a stage 2 right now....
I could also talk about runtim but it have nothing to do with what we are talking about... hehe

All in all, i would not compare an ABmods Picco .21 P9R without having the finger on the trigger once...

I agree with what you are saying that a .28 can be close in top end to an onroad .21, but the ONLY proof i have is my video. i tested both back to back, did top speed runs back and forth with both.

Again its not rape or anything... i just think the comparison was not appropriate...

Mike

German is the issue, not me...... I am only defending myself and my work ...