R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 AM
Raul Garcia
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Flex, Tweak or whatever.

"This something you have to read from one of the head guys at Schumacher.
Keep in mind that stiffer is not always better. The stiffest car available now is the Graphite XXX-S. However the really fast team guys all mill holes and slots all over it to get it to flex more.

On some tracks Factory AE drivers run a graphite chassis with almost all the ribs milled out so the car flexes more and generates more grip

Factory Xray drivers all run the Raycer molded chassis (a stiff version you can't buy right now) that flexes more the and Evo 2 Carbon chassis because the car is faster everywhere like that. The also have 4 diffrent top decks. A stock stiff deck and 3 pregressively more flexy decks. Most of the factory drivers run the 2 softer decks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian Martinez
Sales Manager Schumacher USA
[email protected]"

This is not only a topic of conversation with us Yok drivers, but with everyone. The chassis flex and tweak problems will never be 100% eliminated, so let us understand this.
I too have purchased my Rayspeed chassis, and have noticed the changes, and will be racing it on CARPET. I just wanted something different. Let me now what you think of this post, also Schumacher's corner has a bunch of post's from Adrian on this topic.