R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya M05 Pro
Thread: Tamiya M05 Pro
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Hyde
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
At least this model will address the M-03's problem of having to little weight in the rear.. it'll be distributed much more evenly front to back..
I never really ran my eletronics in there rear...but I'm glad they have a home for once lol

To keep things equal across all the models, they'd have to keep the same gears and ratios, as well as relative shape.. you can't change the geometry too much, 'cause that's what makes the Mini's so cool and fun!
well the M1 had a quicker gear ratio, so but them changing this wouldn't be suprizing.. But more linkly there the same gears.

I have a feeling the M and L extensions will just attach right between the servo and the rear bulkhead.. there's nowhere else to plausibly separate it, otherwise you'd have to buy different length steering rods.
That's super true and another thing I haven't thought of... lol I only like this chassis for the 210 wheelbase mini I'm not a huge fan of the 224mm 239mm.... but yeah seems the rod would have to extend further...

Wow, those steering rods at the front are short! What will that do to the ackerman, since they're all sliding equally along one steering brace now?
The ackerman looks pretty basic like all there other models...where do you see a problem?