R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to buy a buggy...RC8B or 2.0?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 AM
wstuart
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Here's what I posted on a similar thread

so far I would say LOSI 2.0

I raced an RC8 for about a year. I knew the guy who designed the new shock towers for AE, So I had everything the new rc8b has (steering mod and bb and shock towers). I Just got a 2.0 losi and my first race was JBRL RD1.

what I think.

RC8 - better steering off power, good steering on power but kind of hard to drive. Car could really rotate on power (if you're good at driving like this the get the rc8)
If you like to throttle through the corners and drive "hard" this is the car for you.
Lots of durability issues though - broke lots of stuff - had to threadlock everything

Losi, steering not as tight but WAY more predictable and easier to drive ( wont snap around on you)
- makes you have to set up for corners more though.

way better through the air and through the whoops - it takes alot to flip this car over. I had to do the battery mod and alot of work with the AE shocks to try to make it jump half as well as the LOSI

the more conservatively you drive it the faster it goes - seemed like it carries momentum more through the track - I felt like I was using alot less throttle and was steering the car rather than driving it - if that makes sense.

Durability, - Ive only had one race day so cant really say , but absolutely nothing came loose and if anything the car feels better than when I first got it. I like it so far.

Im more of an onroad racer so I try not to use throttle to rotate my car , I try to set up for the corners more and use momentum - for my style I like the losi alot better. I was very tired of trying to keep up with all the mods for the rc8 too. On the LOSI, the box stock setup is dialed. I feel like I can spend more time thinking about driving and less about setup