R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp spx stock spec
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey all,
here's a bit of a technical question... with the coming of 1C lipo in 12th & wgt... is there a voltage threshold that is activating the radio priority in the SPX somewhere mid run?

I have been initially testing on asphalt with a SMC 4000 1C lipo, 150mah rx pack, in the nimh mode, punch at #6, motor timed roughly at 15-20* on a Novak 10.5. The car seems quite capable and then starts to get slightly soft out of the hole or lacks punch. Recharging the battery shows that about 2200ma goes back in, so it's far from discharged.

I did run a test on positive wire removed from the esc harness using both switches vs positive wire installed with the esc switch off. I found that the positive installed/esc off maintained better punch. Still, it would be nice to have a 3.2v lipo cut off for safety & consistent punch throughout the run.

Any comments? Help?

Thanks!
I would have thought that if there was a radio priority then the motor would cut completely, at least for a second or so.

What about the ESC and controller temps?

Might be better if you put the timing back to 0 and use profile setting 7 or 8, then put some negative throttle expo in to get rid of any wheelspin.

Skiddins