R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2003, 08:58 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: The new car

Originally posted by modellor
After looking at the 3 pivotball hub carrier design incorporated in the new Serpent I will say that I believe they have messed up the design once again and the car will again be heavier than really need be. To have the whole wishbones and hubs moving to create the active toe requires a lot of extra parts which just add weight.
Hey modellor, not to sound too optimistic, I believe the 710 will indeed be lighter than the present car. I would think Serpent would knock themselves in the head if they designed a car which would be heavier than their present. Think about it... Where would they put their face if the 710 is an inferior car to the 705? How do you expect a big company such as Serpent to put out a lemon when they have a big overheads to sustain themselves? I believe they cannot afford another Veteq. If they fail on this one, I can bet that you'll see the fall of Serpent for sure.

We can speculate all we want now and in the course of these two weeks, we'll look back and see how right or wrong we are about the car.