R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - os vspec engine owners
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
dreaux
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ephidelt490
You need to tune it where you plan on running. Racing on the track is much different than 1/4 mile balls-out runs down the street or doing donuts in a parking lot. There are no "magical" needle settings. I had it setup well for you at the track with it just a little rich on top. You should never have to go far from that.
I am not doing donuts or wot in the street. I have some good farm land with hills and gravel/dirt roads my own ramps and everything. I am learning how to tune so i don't have to have people do it for me. You guys make it sound so easy and it is for you. but there are certain things i need to know that i am doing wrong so i don't make it worse. Just curious. I want to know if my top has the symtoms of being to lean and it apears it does so now i know when it acts the way i know to lean out the top whereever it may be. same thing with the low end and idle. My idle is high. But when i lean it in more it cuts out again. so i am thinking my throtle stop is too high and it might be to rich.