R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by xraysteve
I have a setup question. what are some things you could try to get rid of a hook. I go around the corner and when I get on the gas the car just wants to spin the way I was just turned. It is not really loose. It just wants to keep going in a circle and not straighten up. This is on asphalt.
If you can give me a little more information on your current setup that will give me something to look at ...but generally the first few things that come to mind is to ensure that you have enough toe in in the rear and enough rear droop.

I usually almost always run 3 degrees of rear toe.. if you are running 2 or less this might be your problem... hard to say without really knowing the particulars of your setup and track though.

Also, make sure that you have enough droop too.... Generally with a 5 or 5.5 mm ride height I run 4.5 or 5 on the droop guage in the rear.

Originally Posted by swimbikerun
Steve,

I just got the Smart Boost for 1s and will be using it with a GTB 4 Cell SS. The question I have is that it states that you have the reciever switch in the off position and operate it off the Smart Boost switch. Can you just take the reciever power switch off the ESC instead? Just trying to clean up the wiring on my 12th scale. Thanks.
It depends on the version of GTB you have honestly...we have made some running changes to the GTB that include some software that prevents errant voltage from making its way into the ESC while it's off... if you have one of these ESCs to use it with the smart boost you will need the switch to just briefly switch it on then off to ensure that power from the smart boost can get into the ESC.

I would test it out first before you go removing too much stuff