R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC BODZ is a CLOWN!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 AM
JustinT22
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by coolrunnings
I was smart enough not to get married, Ive been with the same gal for 13 years and we have no kids (lots of pulling out). Marriage is just a way of saying ''now I can do whatever (and whoever) I want and if you dont like it get lost and leave half of your life savings here with me''! Next thing you know some new guy is playing daddy to your kids sleeping in your bed and watching your big screen tv!! I'm not speaking from experience myself but most of my freinds and family are all doing the divorce thing, every time I go to a wedding I have to sit and wonder which one is going to cheat first and which one gets the kids. Holy cow, we just found a way to keep this thread going ....yipee!!!!

I agree with you to a point...

Not being married could end up biting one of you in the ass if something ever happened to either one of you.

Say you guys got in a car accident, and one was critically injured and on life support, since you don't have that little piece of paper you can't make a decision on the other ones life.

Also if one of you died in that accident the other person is not entitled to any of the other persons belongings, savings, etc etc

There is a lot more to being married then the reasons you posted. And if you are really worried about it have a lawyer draw up a pre nup and state that if you ever get divorced each party leaves with what they brought into the marriage, then you're good to go

I've had a friend thats g/f got in a very bad accident and even though they were together for 20 years since they weren't actually married the girls mom took control of everything and kept her on life support for 2 years, even though the girl told my friend a million times that she wouldn't rather die then be kept alive by a machine.