R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 05-09-2009, 03:40 AM
JGH
Tech Adept

Bonda,

The track looks really nice!
Well, I think Tire Tweak is still the best choice for Sorex 36tyres. 20min is oke with 60 degree tire warmer. After you take off the tyre warmer, dry the tyre with a paper and after clean the tyre a little with some motorspray, this will help your first lap a lot. 6 runs with 36R is a little fast but it depends a lot on the asphalt ofcourse.

CraigM,

Yes, on foam I always use same tyres front and rear. Ofcourse you can try little harder in front if the car is oversteering.

Sunny,
Try to narrow the front to C-C block. Or lay in the rear shocks one step.

t4m1y4niac,
Take out all the rebound in your shocks. Try 600W front and 500W rear.
At my home track the RP30 tyre is working the best, it's 0.2 sec faster then Sorex 36.

Jordan,
I'm not sure about this information. I will check with Tamiya if this is really true that they don't make another batch of 416.

Joan,
I suggest to try HB springs, like Silver. These springs make the car more aggressive. ALso make the front more narrow.

Bander,
You mean the foam on top of the shock to increase rebound?

Overgear,
I always use swaybars. Sometimes I test without swaybars but I always find the car to loose in the middle of the corner, less stable.

Luis,
Thanks!
Before a important race I always rebuild my car completely and check all parts. Then I built my car with a starting set-up which I think will be the best set-up to start with. Before the race I practise a few batteries at my local track to "run in" the car and set belts, Diff and check steering throw left/right.

Vincent,
I haven't heard about this.

Green Speed,
Nice to hear!

Jilles