R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Tekin Prez
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by avrcguy
So I was lucky enough to run the RX8 and 2050kv motor in my Caster Fusion EX-1 this past weekend at the RC Pro Series race @ Real-RC Raceway in Pleasant Hill, MO. What an awesome system!!!! I was pretty nervous the first day because I had zero test time with the system, but fortunately I had zero problems all weekend. This system ran flawlessly! I was shocked at how much smoother it was than my Mamba Max/Medusa setup. It's like driving a high quality 1/10th scale system. Even while coasting backwards after a spinout the Tekin takes off without hesitation of any kind. They really turned out a top notch combo. Thank you Tekin!!!!
That is a very nice setup. I would suggest securing the motor wires for long term durability. Think about the 'flop' factor. There is over 6" of heavy wire attached by solder joints at the ends that is going to bounce up and down like a trampoline. They are going to get worked. We have actually seen the wire strands break down just past the solder joint in our testing. Definitely need some slack for flex, but you should not be able to wiggle the wires up and down inches. In 1/8 electric it may even be normal maintainence to replace the wires often.

I might also flow a little more solder on the top of the posts. Looks like very nice solder joints, but I like to see a smooth shiny flow over it all. Hopefully you flowed the solder into the slot before adding the wire? The slot in the post makes a nice little solder pot so you can get it hot enough to make sure it is fully flowed to all the surfaces in the slot.

We are getting faster at building the Rx8 units. Some decent shipments are heading out today, tomorrow and Monday to all the sellers. Next week we should really make some ground and get close to caught up.