R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
ckaspar
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG RE
My friend is getting a T4 and I will be building it for him, it has been a while since I have touched a T4 and my question is regarding the GT2 front end parts that everyone swears by, what all do I need from the GT2?
Originally Posted by aeRayls
The arms, caster blocks and steering spindles are all you really need, you can use the shock tower too, but the ballstud mount is either .030 or .060 lower. The outside hinge pin will have to be cut down, or just buy the outer&kingpin set, the kingpin is the right size.
Forgive me for interjecting here but why get all of the steering stuff the GT2 stuff and leave the arms stock?

I use stock front end stuff and if I break anything it is the arms.

I had the GT2 arms on my truck for a while and never broke any front stuff. If I had to I would replace only the arms and leave the rest.

Just make sure you use the right hinge pins and kingpins otherwise you may find yourself breaking caster blocks because the pin is too short.

I accidentally used the kingpin for the outer hingpin and snapped the caster block on every bad hit. I changes to the right outer hinge pins and everything is golden now.