R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I have to rant listen if you like
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron2u
LOL, this thread sounds like my first gas car experience. I can't believe no one is yelling at you for using WD40 in your engine... Just seems like bad idea.

Loss of compression could be caused by the cylinder walls being scored up from inhaling dirty water. It doesn't take much to screw your engine up. They are not designed to allow for anything BESIDES AIR AND FUEL TO BE RUN THROUGH THE ENGINE. Hard lesson learned. I've flooded out engines before (.12's) and have not done any damage. But immediately, I pull the head, back plate and rinse in warm water with a little dish soap and only turning the engine over by hand WHEN ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!! I read a post the other day where someone did this then threw it on the starter box to turn over to clean the engine out. WTF? These engines rely on compression to operate.

Seriously, these are NEWBIE mistakes, god knows I made plenty of them...
Not sure about rinsing an engine with water.

WD-40 is OK as long as the crank isn't silicone filled. If it is the wd will eat the silicone. You should really only use fuel, nitro spray and after run oil in an engine. Definately don't want to be putting any more water into an engine. Will only cause parts to rust.