R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FORGASS "Sour Grapes" Race and Awards Diner May 2nd and 3rd, 2009
Old 05-05-2009, 06:42 AM
R*R*R*Pinard
Tech Adept

Cool What a weekend

Forgass Sour Grape Race

I got to say what a weekend but first thanks to everyone involved in the success of this fun racing event with a small amount of stress also participation of a bunch of great driver. Dinner was really good with a fare price for my family and love my new BIG trophy Thanks Forgass.

Ha yeah what a weekend starting with my dog Willy having a stroke Friday, he is ok and back home and he will get better. I think he got mad because I was not taking him to the race, and then we got a late start Saturday morning which turned out to be lucky with a phone call from DJ telling us the I-75 Alligator Alley was close and he had to turn around and use a different route and double the driving time. It was not a bad route at all but we were late and on a tight schedule and still those guys made the adjustment for everyone to have fun with no pressure thanks guys. But that is not it apparently someone was looking for some sedan tires and found my box of tires, looks like that person chose to keep them. 10 pair of tire, so no tires for the day oh yeah most of my friend were driving 1/8 scale so no tire for me. I got to say thanks to my wife and love you honey she when out of the way to bring me tires. But the day got better because my family arrive and the dinner was fantastic the trophy award was perfect.

Race day, well I made a few mistakes during the coarse of the day there is a saying you learn from your mistake. And I think I did!!! I will never put my feet in the pit lane ever this was strike 2 and I should of tell the Paolo that I didn’t put enough fuel in is car I was just going to bring him in and tell him later that didn’t work. It looks like I would of finish last if we had that pit crew race. I still manage to have fun and try different things with my car and abuse of DJ's knowledge with car setup. I feel very lucky to part of your group. The race organization is flaw less, we have the best driver in world driving in this event, there is not a single events that I didn’t learn something thanks everyone.

I wish everybody a good and safe summer and I will miss you, and can't wait for the next season.

Last edited by R*R*R*Pinard; 05-05-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: wife spell check