R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:55 AM
bakaguyjean
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stocker
Thanks guys! I tried the 2 o-ring setup today and it was much more consistent and easier to drive!! Still spin out occasionally but I think that's my skill, or lack of it! I may try a heavier shock oil, and see what happens next time. I only have the Tamiya clear oil that came with my CVA shocks from another kit, I think it's #900, I can try that with 2 or 3 hole piston for the same effect?

You can change the oil in your shock but you might want to play with the "T" bar first.
I run the spacer up front and "O" ring in the back. The front screw is tight. and then i tighten down the rear screw and back it off a turn. Do a few laps and if it still dosent have the grip in the rear you need loosen it some more and do a few more laps. If it under steers then tighten it a bit. A half turn can make a world of difference. Just carry a screw driver in your back pocket.

I also run the friction shock on my car. Most people run an oil shock but it dosent make as much as a difference as you might think. The "T" bar does most of the work.

Good luck