R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Chiefy 707
Tech Regular

It's been 2 weeks since I finished assembling my Cup Racer and the little bastard still isn't running! Grrrrrr! Not really an excuse but I'm still waiting for my SMC Cmax battery to come in from HK, I hope it fits!

Here were some of the things that got me during assembly:

-When inserting the pivot balls (86220) on pages 21 and 26, make sure you insert them into the arm as stated in the manual to avoid and unnecessary stretching of the hole.
-Also when inserting the pillow balls, make sure the upper pivot balls have the step facing up and the lower pivot ball steps facing down. When I realized there was a difference in the pivot ball holes on each side I had 3 out of 4 wrong!
-On page 29, when tightening down the retaining screw for the hinge pins (z775), It really doesn't take much to secure the hinge pin. At the same time it really doesn't take much to strip out the hole z775 screws into. All I can say is oops!

I did have some troubles assembling the ball diff but that had more to do with using the shittiest tool possible then it actually being difficult. Surprisingly I didn't have problems with the itty bitty e-clips on the shock shafts but then I had a good tool for the job. Comes to prove make sure you use the correct tool whenever possible.