View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM
94eg!
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxx
Alright.

And also im using a 4200 NiHM Battery
I asked a good friend of mine he said i should go LiPo and use the Yeah Racing 5000 25c Battery.

What is a good Charger for LiPo's
Yes, lipo wil be a bit quicker. Personally I would suggest the cheaper 3200mah Yeah Racing lipo. It can be had for $37 shipped on eBay right now and is more than enough juice to run your race. Even with tuned 27T race motors, were are only pulling around 800mah in a 4-minute race (low to medium grip parking-lot). Besides, if your just starting out, you will NOT tell any difference between the different capacity lipos. I'm using the Orion 2400mah lipo, and it's more than enough power for our asphalt racing.

The best deal in chargers out there right now has to be the Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC. It has a built in balancer and only requires you to add your whatever connector you will be using (I suggest deans). The AC/DC makes it versitile and it puts out pleanty of power. There are cheaper DC only option from Hyperion as well if you don't need AC.

If your using the Yeah Racing lipo, you will need to get the proper Lipo balance connector cause they use Electrifly style balance taps (instead of Hyperion). It's called the JST-XH adapater. You can use the included Hyperion adapter if you plug the 3-pin balance tap into 4, 5 or 6 pni socket on pins 1-3. Me and my buddy figured it out, but this is a little more tricky.

Hyperion EOS0606i ACDC

Hyperion JST-XH balance adapter

Deans Ultra plugs (male for ESCs & Chargers and Females for batteries). Requires soldeing skills...