R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pinching sleeves
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 01:12 PM
MightyTaco
Tech Rookie

Its all a matter of preference. Top gun has the resources to make his own sleeves, which is great! He can tailor his own P&S sets to his own needs therefore not needing resize services to further enhance the oerformance of his engines.

The resizing services offered by, what it seems like lately, to be many racers is the best thing to happen to the R/C community since nitro engines themselves. A 200 dollar engine isnt all that hard to purchase now knowing you dont have to spend upwards of 100 bucks to rebuild it. What concerns me really is who is doing the resizing. I know OSROCKET has been around for quite a while as well as RayA. What concerned me about OSROCKET is freinds of mine had their sleeves done and they made it sound like he compressed the whole sleeve which i didnt like. For all i know he has changed that process to not do that anymore, but he claims in his ebay ad;s that he tries to achive a perfectly round piston/sleeve fit, which again i dont like. Engines, full size and miniature wear in an elliptical shape as top gun mentioned.

RayA's service is what impressed me. Email him and he gives you exactly what he is doing an mentions about the importance of stress relief in the metals as well as disclosing his full procedure and what his tools are doing to the sleeve set. Very cool! And of course i have found my resized engine that he did for me to perform exceptionally. Ive had many many people say my x.12 is the fastest at the track. Too bad im not a good a driver as the guy that wins though.