R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:59 AM
John St.Amant
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv
John, I am very sorry that you apparantly are completely unable to actually read my posts for real. I am also very sorry that you cannot follow the logic I presented. Just because a certain setting would under normal circumstances not be used does not mean it is not valuable to think it through. There is after all a REASON WHY you would never use that setting and that is the point I am making.

However, thankfully I was not making my points so much for as I was making them for the other readers, especially the ones that are just starting out. Most if not all of them will be able to follow both our logic and make up their own mind which makes the most sense. Personally I feel you are confusing the issue because you yourself keep confusing the total effect of settings combined with the principal effect of a single setting. To setup a car you need to be able to reason out how each single setting works and then use logic to combine the effects of the different settings to figure out how the car will react.

I will say this once more, setting up a car is not a linear business and therefore most, if not all, rules of thumb are flawed.

Bullship