R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Shootout
Thread: Truggy Shootout
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 AM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmaxx
it's really funny how all these people doing all the arguing are the one's driving these $2k+ machine's! trying to justify your purchase's a lil'?

i would rather spend my change on NITRO and practice lap's and take the satisfaction of passing you with my lowly CEN or TT that i picked up used for cheap! and have a few vehicle's instead of one to beat you with! and still have change left over

i bought 2 FRE's and 2 st-1's for less than $1k total! i think that's pretty good? keep in mind i'm no mike truhe or jamminkrazy but i still have my fun!

MAXIMO the FRE come's with all the hop-up' so what are you talkin' about? must be reffering to the RTR? why would you buy the RTR when you can get the FRE's for so cheap now?
Ok so you have 4 truggies. How is that helpful? You can only drive one at a time. I guess I can understand having 2 truggies that are the same brand for parts, but why do you need 4? I personally would much rather have 1 awesome truck than 4 crappy trucks.

As for spending 2 grand on my truggy, you are sadly mistaken. The kit cost me $650. I probably have about $200 in upgrades on it. That is $850, well under 1 grand, not even close to 2 grand. I don't really think you can consider running gear and tires to be part of the truck's cost, because you need that stuff for any truck, including your POS cen.

Point is technology has come a LOOOONG way since those CEN's and TTR's came out. Even at the time they came out they weren't top of the line. Now they are nowhere near the newer technology. They are nowhere near the last generation of technology either. If you can be competitive with one of them, more power to you, but you simply can't compete in serious racing with one of those trucks. I know they can't compete at my local track, where everyone runs 8T 2.0's and STRR's and 8T 1.0's and MBX5T's, not to even mention at big events like proseries races, etc...