R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - [NewBie needs help] What kind of tires best for Carpet racing
Old 04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
nukl
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Trips
I wouldn't use Jack (or any traction additive) for an autonomous car... Even after wiping the tires off, we almost always drive a lap or two to get the tires to work before the start of the run... I'd have to guess that the driverless auto-car won't have the chance to do this, and would tend to be "greasy" if additive is used.

Another consideration... since this isn't actual r/c racing, we can't assume it will be on Ozite... I can think of some types of carpet where you might get better results with 4wd offroad type tires...
www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee192/sp06/pix2006/index.htm

that page includes pictures from previous competitions. anything other than foam good for that in your opinion?

We are not allowed to leave any resedue on the track [traction additive]. I've heard some teams used it in previous years, I guess they must have cleaned it off well. So what does it take to clean it off after application. We we are provided with practice oval before the race, where I could clean up any traction additive.

edit: thanks chensleyrc1