R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th scale Motonica
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
garen
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Actually, I want to see Arno's car more, since his setup is going to reflect mine a lot. However, one thing I am changing from the standard setup is the spacers on the bottom arm. I stuck the thinner ones front and rear of the bottom front arms, instead of one fat in the back and one thin in the front (longer wheelbase). The two thinner ones will give me a standard wheel base, though slightly closer, which would be prime for 301 Raceway. 301 Raceway is a very technical track. I may have to shrink the wheelbase some more. But I will see when I start driving the car.

The other question I have is what kind of shock springs were used? The ones provided in the kit? Something else? How many holes in the piston did you use front and rear? Kit manual pistons or different setup?

My car is NEARING COMPLETION!! I got the parts in today and picked up where I left off. I will post pictures when I can. My arms front and rear did not require any sanding or shaving at all. Everything was fitting together nicely with no gaps at all. I think I was lucky with my kit. But we'll see. Usually when kits assemble nicely for me, the car ends up having massive problems when driving!
Harry (and everyone else), you can only install 2 thin spacers on the front lower arms or 1 thick spacer, not 1 thick and 1 thin, regardless if they go in front of or behind the arm. I built my car with the medium wheelbase setting and the car was good. The last change I made to the car in Vegas was to go to the short wheelbase and it made the car rotate much better and I could hold throttle much better in the sweepers.

Kit pistons used, as described in the manual. Kit springs also used. We nearly always used stiffer springs on the old car (2 or 3 steps harder) but on the new car the stock springs work just fine so far. Build the car exactly as described in the manual and go from there. My guess is you will make changes similar to the ones we made so far.

I will get a setup sheet filled out and posted here and on the website and as soon as I get a setup for Crystal Park, which I am told is similar in layout to 301 but smaller, I will post that too.

Last edited by garen; 04-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.