R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
mshap33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Hi Marvin,

Okay, you're on version 2.8 of the Hotwire software, if you've tried updating the hotwire software it's Vista that's blocking the upgrade... the Hotwire release that came with the RS1.89 firmware upgrade would show 2.9 on the help screen, and the Hotwire release that came with the 1.94 RS update would show 2.15 on the help screen.

To get the Hotwire update working in Vista, follow the step by step directions in THIS POST You may want to print it before you start with the procedure...

Once that's all done, your hotwire software on your computer should be updated. Check the help screen from the initial Hotwire screen to see the version running. When you've verified that you have the new hotwire version running, plug the RS into the hotwire, and when the main interface appears you can click the "versions" button and you will see that the RS is still showing version 1.80, but the newer versions are present in a list. Select the version you want (I'd recommend 1.94 if you've upgraded to Hotwire 2.15) and update the ESC. DO NOT UNPLUG OR DISTURB THE RS OR HOTWIRE DURING THE UPDATING PROCESS.

Once the screen says the uopdating is complete, you should be good to go.

I'm sending you a PM with my phone number, if you're still having problems after following the procedure in the link above, call any time.

D
you have pm