R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion
Thread: Team Orion
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
POUNDITRACING
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifting101
Ok I am new tuning brushless and after some recent found skills (packed 'em by accident and remembered them from then on ) I am looking for an Amain at the state titles, so I have the 17.5 with all the rotors how do I know which one is most suited to track when going for the first time? also timing, how do I know when to advance or retard it?
We've done testing with all the rotors and the stock ones seem to work the best. As far as timing. You need to have a gearing that keeps the temps somewhat low. Moving the timing will give the motor more bottom end if you trun it clock wise. Turning the end bell counter clockwise will give the motor more top end. These are not huge changes in proformance but they will change the temps a good amount. It's a trial by fire when you go to a new track. Take some time to get it right and learn for yourself what it does. You might only need a couple laps to feel a power differance so take a wrench with you and change it a couple times per pack but watch the temps.