R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:45 PM
cannon
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I'm getting mine tomorrow - and I have a Tekin pack and a SMW pack..When I get the car finished, I'll post pics of how the 'racing' styled packs fit in

cannon - the kit was most like designed with the hard-cased lipos in mine, since that's what ROAR, IFMAR and whatnot allow. I was looking at those 'stick-pack' styled packs for my M-Chassis, but then noticed they aren't legal for most racing
THe stick pack lipos ARE legal. They are hard cased and on the ROAR list.

It is strange when you look at the instructions in the kit. They show you how to put a Nimh stick pack in the car ... fair enough ... although even these struggle because the wires get stuck in the suspension. They show the square edged hard case lipos being strapped to the underside of the top deck .. a very stupid design error and they also show a small round edge lipo with plug in wires ... as far as I know there is only one lipo like that ... an Orion. Why design something around a single battery?

These design engineers must have beem living under a rock. They have no idea what is available in the market