R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ENGINES MODIFIED BY SPEED WORK FROM BRASIL
Old 04-24-2009, 07:54 PM
speedwork
Tech Rookie

Default ENGINES MODIFIED BY SPEED WORK FROM BRASIL

[QUOTE=wingracer;5728835]Sorry to hijack your thread speedwork, it looks like you do good work but the myths surrounding single cylinder engine balancing is a pet peeve of mine. Here is an article on balancing for those that might not know. Pay special attaention to the part for single cylinder engines.

Hello Wingracer you do not attack my work
I have the same science that puts you on the whole balance of power in a single cylinder engine 1.
to balance the engine at full devedira be done at all engine parts, piston, rod, pins and locks, but it is not possible by several factors.
My job is to balance only the axis, or softened to the maximum vibration already generated by the simple fact that the engine be 1 cilidnro.

I note that he made in the static balance shaft, reduces the wear of bearings and connecting rods. Allied to this the engine will respond better to a certain RPM range, improving its performance.
To reduce the displacement of irregular mass within the crankcase, achieved a better use of the same mass (air-fuel) having a motor with a low to high passages with more ease and less vribração these schemes rpm.

in the case of an engine with only 1 cylinder, and so impossible to achieve a balance that 100% would only be possible if we had an even number of cylinders as in cars and 1/1.No but can balance the hub for a system he Who not vibrate much. shaft vibrates and resonate in a certain range of rpm and that physically, the ideal and that this vibration is as far as possible the range of rpm that work. vibration of the axis are losing power with radial and axial vibration.

Sorry my bad english
Grateful

Last edited by speedwork; 04-24-2009 at 08:09 PM.