R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:59 PM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Yes the RS Pro can run a delta wound motor.

From the sounds of it you've updated the esc. You MUST have a to a, b to b, and c to c . If it runs backwards my guess is that it's not a Tekin motor and that you've somehow managed to spin around the endbell so far that you're firing on the wrong phase. I've seen this with a Duo and another brand of motor. There's no "stop" to prevent this. Since it does it with "other" motors and yours works correctly use your motor to test it.

After you upgrade the software you MUST recalibrate the esc to the radio again. Make sure that you max out your epa's when you do this also. Make sure there is no abs or traction control function turned on.

What kind of car is this in?
I also reset the speedo after updating to be sure that it's ok.
After resetting i recalibrate my transmitter to the speedo. after that i program my speedo again with the right settings.

A club member forgot after updating to recalibrate his speedo.
He didn't hath a lot of power but after resetting adn recalibrating the speedo it worked great.

I tested full timing on the motor and full boost.
didn't drive with the car but just hold it up in the air and puled the throttle.
The Tekin 10,5T motor maked so manny rpm's that my tire riped of.
incredible power.
Tomorrow i test my tekin motor geared very light with 24 on the motor and 6 on the boost.
from there i start gearing it heavier. hope to get some more top speed.

After that i try to ad some boost.
not much but a litle bit like up to 10 boost in total.
and chek the temp.