R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T2’009
Thread: XRAY T2’009
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
FWD Motor Position Conversion Set (300943)

I looked into this front belt tension issues that some of you are reporting with the FWD Motor Conversion (This conversion uses 38T diff pulleys, as well as dedicated top decks and belts). With the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, rear belt tension is normal; however, with the standard (0) eccentric bearing holders, the front belt IS excessively tight. So much so that I would hesitate to use this tuning option in spec or limited motor classes (17.5, 13.5, 105. etc) due to the tension. I have determined that correct front belt tension can be achieved by using optional (+1) eccentric bearing holders (part no. 302077) on the front diff pulley.

I hope that some of you will find this info helpful.
The rear belt is too tight as well, but after running them on the bench for a while, I don't think they are quite so tight anymore, but still a bit too much for my liking.

I will hopefully try the 1mm eccentric bearing holders at the weekend, that should do it.

Can't help but feel that the motor position change could have been thought through slightly better in the first place to allow better fitment of belts

Skiddins