R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Team Tekin
Thread: Ask Team Tekin
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
sasquatch
Tech Rookie

Default Yet another setup advice please-

Hi all,

Sorry for yet another post asking for initial setup help, but have looked in Tekin RS / Asso B44 tuning threads untill my eyes almost popped out of the sockets. Still confudes though and never really found anything for my type of car/track/ect.

Here goes.

Finally decided on trying offroad again. Has been away for a few years (active running large scale here in Denmark & TC5R with Sphere TC Spec/3.0 turn LRP) Fantastic car.

Now for my B44 which should arrive within a few days.

I'm almost decided on the Tekin RS Pro / 6.5 turn combo as this seems like a good setup from what I can read in several threads.

The local trask here is outdoor, carpet, quite high grip, 80 x 45 feet, long straight, fairlt smooth and includes the usual washboard, dual/tripple jump and so on, so need grunt to pass these also.

I will be using 6000 Mah Hyperion saddle packs.

So what kind of gearing ?. As I understand it the B44 comes stock witg a 84T 48P spur gear. Is there some kind of rule fo thump regarding the final drive or what.

Also for you Tekin goys. Regarding programming (will buy the Hotwire of cause) what settings should I start with? I'm udes to drive brushless/Li-Po and have drives offroad before if any help. :-)

I'm somewhat confused about all the settings of the RS Pro (but like the possibility of cause)

Kind Regards from Denmark