R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2003, 06:47 AM
Cobra81li200
Tech Addict

Rick,

just oe remark : Miura was not the designer of the Evo 3. I add this to prove what I'm saying

Taken from tq-racing "Toshihiko Hara, the TB Evo3 designer".

Anyway, I knew it because at last year's tamiya euro cup final, this guy was there and told my mate he was working on a new car, which will be shaft driven. When my mate told him about our project based on a 414, he said they could be interested, but that mainly the development of the 414 was over.

IMHO 415 will for sure be a brand new car, otherwise it will be called 414 something or 424 (remember the first was called 404X), and I don't think they will make such a mistake as to get back to combined drive trains (I hope not at least).

And for me, a brand new car would be welcome, the 414 series are quite good, but there are so many things to improve. I have been driving 414's for 3 years and have a really good feeling with it, I can even be fast with an undriveable car, because I know how she will react. But it ends like a little boring, that's why I bought a SD, I'm as fast with each of them, but still there are things I have to discover with the SD.

If the 415 reach my expectations, I might get one, even if I have to sell my SD.