R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - v-spec vs jpx.21 engine comparison
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 AM
wriffwraff
Tech Adept

wow, quick responses... thanks. so "lucky 7", huh? yeah, i really like it too, cos' it's less mess, it dries quickly and you don't have to take the engine apart to use it if you don't want to. unfortunately, it was sold out when i ordered my engine online the other day and as the "nitro-cosmos" would have it, it's in stock today. so, if i can't find any locally, [which i seriously doubt], i'll just seal the backplate and the carb neck the old fashioned way, until i can get some for the other areas of the carb. i managed to get the green slime though... so it will be fairly sealed when i break it in this weekend.

also, i'm going to drop some new bearings and conrod in it at the close of the first gallon, if not sooner. hopefully, i can post back with some positive news about this engine, cos' i haven't had much luck with engines over the years. i think i've been through six engines in two years. i've had three rtr's under cen warranty... a stock .26 NX, a stock .28 GO and a stock .28 SH. plus, a .21 axe rossi mamba engine and a cobra kit. the mamba had to be warrantied twice. warranty engines didn't last at all. oh and i can't forget the .26 sportswerks that i bought as a back up while all this was going on. however, early on, it too had to be warrantied. upside is that it's still running. matter of fact, i just cleaned and oiled it and put it in the SH case with a slightly used rear bearing. anyway, that's like, eight engines, if you count the warranties i sure hope i get it right this time around. given my stats, if i can just get it to last until winter i will feel somewhat vindicated. oh well, thanks again, mates

amendment: just watched this " how to seal " vid @ youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PopyUFy6j34 it's not lucky 7, but similiar looking... and it looks just like silicon to me... it's just in a small bottle. can anyone confirm? if so, i'm back to my earlier thoughts/suspicions, which is that the high temp sealant is the same thing.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 04-23-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: amendment