R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA-04 wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2002, 12:39 AM
KiwiKid
Tech Regular

I also know the law very well and I don't believe that the race track is the proper place to settle a transaction which has gone sour.

The transaction involved verbal agreements between you both regarding the loan and possibly trade/sale of various r/c components. This has nothing to do with who is the better driver (which is what a race is all about). Threatening to set Vincent's V-One R on fire if you win (which you are most likely to given you sound like you have alot more driving experience than most on this forum) is a rather stupid suggestion in anybody's viewpoint.

Eric, if are a genuine about wanting to settle the dispute, then I suggest that you and Vincent agree to meet and discuss the matter in a civil way. If need be, you should both agree on a neutral mediator to help facilitate the discussion process.

Vincent, I should warn you - if your story does not hold water, you could be liable for defaming Eric on this forum. So please tread carefully and only state the facts. On the other hand, if there is any truth in what you are saying, Eric can argue until the cows come home before he will ever succeed in any legal action brought against you.

By the way, lawyer fees in Singapore are rather high. Eric, you may need to liquidate your entire stock of RC stuff to pay your lawyer if you seriously intend on bringing any sort of 'legal' action against Vincent, especially if what he is saying is 70% (or more) true.

Well, you asked for opinions and I have offered mine.

Everybody on this forum are here because we enjoy racing and collecting RC cars and nobody likes busy bodies who are out to ruin our enjoyment of the hobby. As I don't know either of you (at least I don't think so), I have no views as to the validity of your respective stories or the dispute.

I'm merely commenting on the unsuitable proposal put up by Eric.

As only you two knew exactly what transpired in the transaction, I suggest that you both act in good conscience and take steps to settle this matter as soon as possible.