Thread: MRX-4X
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi there!

Today I got a set-up related question for the "masters":

This weekend I ran my x car with two different bodies on my home track. Ultrafast flowing, european style circuit with two flat out sweepers.

I started with Mike Swaugers most recent set-up. Grey springs all around, short rear wheel base, 32/35 tyres, etc.
The first body was my old trustworthy Central, 14mm in front of bumper, gurney extension 7mm.
With this set-up, the car was right on the money. Plenty fast with the only limiting factor being the driver. No push at all.

OK, wanted to test the new PF 909 and switched bodies during the lunch break. Same set-up and tyres, just the new body mounted 12mm in front of bumper. Measured from the middle of the bumper to the small "notch" inside the body which is the edge of the negative side from the raised nose. The guys that are using the 909 should know what I mean. Gurney extension 7mm.

Surprise, surprise, the car developed a lot of push in the high speed sweepers, although the rear end was more "locked" in. Lowered the gurney in two steps to about 0mm extension and gained high speed steering. Still a little bit less then with the Central, but with this set-up the car developed another bad habbit.

With this litte gurney extension it was almost impossible to brake into the hairpin without locking the rear wheels. I had to dial out so much brake until the point where I felt almost no deceleration. With the Central I could brake hard into the same corner and had more high speed steering as well.

I will try to get this sorted next weekend, but if I don't find an improvement I have to give up on that great looking body. But with so many rave reviews about it, I thought "hey, lets ask those guys for their advice..."

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Stefan
Just curious, are you running the light or regular P909? Also try same shore tires. If you can, try the body on the "R" and compare it to the "x". My car is a "RX" Hybrid-meaning, I run the r chassie with x parts with the "R" setup. Might be something to this