R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eZRUN brushless system
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:25 AM
redzone
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TBOTubed
Hey Redzone-with the motor disconnected from the ESC use your ohm meter to check continuity between all 3 terminals to one another one at a time, there should be continuity between everyone(no resistance), There should No continuity between any of the 3 terminals and the outside case of the motor or shaft. With a volt meter hooked up between any 2 of the terminals, give the shaft a quick spin with your fingers,it should produce a bit of voltage, do this to every one.

Now, with the motor and esc hooked up like normal in your car,get out your volt meter, the negitive lead goes to the negitive of the battery,the positive you attach to one of the three terminals on the motor,turn on transmitter and esc with battery hooked up like normal, apply very light throttle, you should be able to read voltage, Maybe about 1 volt less than your battery voltage eg. 6.9 volts. Do this for every termial. If you increase the throttle to much you will get a lower reading because of the sampling rate of the digital volt meter. See how you get on.

Kistner -cant find any info on a CC Esc

ooooooooooook, finally got to doing this.. motor checks out fine, esc seems to do what you said above ok, cant get a real good test on it though as everything heats up so quickly i dont want to melt anything. its definitely not my spektrum receiver as i checked it on another set. i think its the esc myself...