R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pinching sleeves
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 12:25 PM
RayA
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Resizing

Interesting thread started here. Good to see that some are seeing past the unnecessary hype and skepticism with Piston & Sleeve set resizing. It's really no big deal...... Pinch at sleeve top TDC area eliminates blowbuy conditions, and tightening up the taper lead beginning at porting windows improves seal for compression to build sufficiently. Half the battle is having good tooling, the other half is for the resizer to acclimate himself with close tollerencing a new designed piston & Sleeve fit. The average diameter change of sleeve after resizing is 0.0004" which does not effect the overall engine performance ,as I was most concerned with this my self in the early developement stages. The nonsymetrical wear in piston is the main issue with each resizing I do, that which I addjust for accordingly. The service availability just a few years back "was" only offered by one person....Google search P&S Resizing or Brows Ebay listings....You guys may be surprised to see the number of hits our informative website receives. http://www.buffalo.edu/~jfroth/pinch The imformation made available is for your viewing. It may better answear a few of the other questions and concernes posted here. Regards,
RayA