R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setting: Droop VS Camber link position
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 08:17 PM
imataquito
Tech Master

hehehe ....... actually a twichy car with tons of stearing is fastest provided u can control it .... but ur hands gota be preety quick in a turn incase u go in to a round about turn ina case of overly- over- stear thast is if its super twichy say ur car with my settings and plus a dual oneways ....

yes its possible to control the car with all the added stress but its possible and it will be very very fast

but remember when u race u r not alone they r like 10 other cars out there .. some good polite drivers and some not soo nice drivers and they will try every means and ways to overtake u even if it means breaking ur car in to piecs ...LOL i mean it
and if ur car is super twichy as i said ... it is generally harder to control ..and with all those cars and the stress u have trying to control it- most likely u will not be able to play
side by side with someone - u will knock into barriers trying to avoid other cars - or knock into slower cars infront - and practically screw up the race ... i learned this the hard way (

imagine having placed 2nd on A main as a newbie racer with not soo good equiptment agains all the old experianced racers with world class equieptment during qualifiying ... having placed the same amount of laps as the TQ guy and just a fraction slower
well i was lucky i was placed as one of the early cars on the qualifiying - no cars

WHOA i was soo over the moon living in cloud nine thinking what a talent i am - guess what .... during the race i fell like 8 laps behind ......

why?
cause with other cars around me i freaked out knocked in to others and into walls ...
... i caught up with the front pack after a freak accident but i could not make a pass ( was last then )
either knocking in to the front car - or when i make a pass i would hit the wall ETC ETC ... he was not even blocking me ... driving on the usual line...then slowly when the top guy came closer on me ( i m a backmarker now ) i slowly lost positions one by one ... and when no other cars is aorund me ... i would FLY closer to them in a mater of seconds .... (well during qualifiying they normally slow down and let u pass if they know ur one of the fastest guys eyeing for the TQ - at the race different story leh )

at the end of the race i was soo frustrated ....... really felt like quitting the hobby right there and then smaching up the car...
... hehe according to my friend ( o4 guy ) he said i looked like i could kill someone ( hes not racing yet ... just looking around and learning things )

then one of the older racer came to me and tried to console me
he taught me a very important lesson ... about setting up a car ...
make sure its as easy to drive as possible cause during a race u will need to be able to control the car well to make passes or to maintain position while there are other cars out there ... a too twichy car like mine is a no no ... set it up and make sure u can cntrol it when ther are other cars out there cause even if u r fast but cannot control it when theres trafic its useless ... :O
thats the lesson i guess