R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Cobra81li200
Tech Addict

Yeah, but TA04 TRF is a "plastic" version of the 414... So they have two TRF cars, but they're mainly the same.

As for Rick : indeed the low ratio comes with smaller diff pulleys, but think about that : it's only to keep the same belts (as the difference between both the pulleys and diff pulleys is 2 teeth, the belt lenght do not varies). And my mistake was to think that the pulley was 17T yet it is indeed 18T

you can check here , there is no belt in the kit, so it means the belts are the same. It is not such a big difference in the bending of the belt between 34T and 32T than between 16T and 18T, and there is where the gain in efficiency is.

Sorry mate, I still am right when I say that a bigger diff pulley is more efficient than a smaller, do you want me to explain again ?

Anyway it would have been stupid to increase one pulley's diameter while decreasing the other, even if the efficiency was better with a smaller pulley, as the effects would have been reversed. And if you check, the best belt drive train over there is the XXX-S's, and it has very big pulleys (20T smaller pulley, and 42 T diffs).

I've been looking for a lot of drive trains for my own prototype, so I'm mainly unbeatable on any belt drive system on the market

Last edited by Cobra81li200; 10-31-2003 at 03:11 PM.