R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin' X2 Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 PM
" Kaulin"
Tech Initiate

Default What's the Diffs???

Originally Posted by fast11970
I have been running the X2 for about four months, good setup, I struggled with the twitchness of the new layout, I am currently running 10-20-5 in the diffs, that help me keep the rear end Behind the front where it belongs, with 5-5-2 it was real easy to loop it out, I used to run my clutch real snappy on the X-1 but have it set soft on the X2 the car accelerates like a rocket! ZTurns better and jumps better, I race one a week and so far this year raced the Nitro challenge with it, I did crack a front shock tower at the pit, (Jammin Jay hooked me up with a replacement) but that was on a whiskey throttle save attemt over Joe Mountain, Chassis wear has been acceptable, I am still running the Carbon towers, the seem to be really durable, just CA the sides. I went to Neg 3 Deg. all the way around on camber, and have settled on 3.25 deg. rear toe in. 1 deg toe ut in the front, BB caster blocks, 2 deg anti squat, 2.5 mm fronont sway bar 0 pre load,2.8 rear 2mm pre load, I just "eyeball" the Rest!!! Its a good platform, I really like that 80% of my X-1 parts still work!!
Those diffs srent going to last with that that also makes the car really tight try 5 7 2 or 5 7 1 ofna diff lube I think youll like that better