R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Hooligan_
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Question for all you TC4 gurus. I bought a team kit from a local who put the kit together but never ran it. I have since put in electronics, set up the shocks with recommended fluids, pistons, and springs that the local racers used last year. I have even used the intergy setup station2 to make sure my camber and toe are evenly setup.

That being said. Under exceleration it will slightly pull to one side and when you let off the throttle it will pull to the other. When driving at a slow speed it tracks perfectly straight. I finally took it into the local hobby shop to have it looked at and after a close inspection it looked like there was just a little bit of slop where the steering rack is fastened to the chassis (if you look at the pic above, the bearing next to the far left battery cell and the bearing just under the turnbuckle coming off of the servo). He is ordering me new bearings and the fasteners that actually sit inside the bearings. But is this problem common? I've tried cranking down the fastener but that "slop" is still there. The only way to be able to tighten it up more would be to bust out the dremel and take just a hair off of the fastener that slides through the bearing.

Has anyone else ever had this issue with the steering? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any input.