R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp spx stock spec
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I got my SPX a couple of weeks ago and had two oppertunities to try some profiles and gearing. I started at profile #6 and FDR was around 3.9 with a Novak 17.5, temp around 145F.Car had more rip than my GTB could ever deliver. Next, I thought I'd try profile #8 and FDR at 3.6. Car had good speed but it didn't last long before it slowed down. Checked the motor temp and it was 210F after about 5 minutes. I smoked the Novak, then I switched to a Speedpassion 17.5, ran it at the same gearing and profile and again had good power at first but it really slowed down after about 3minutes so I pulled the car off the track and checked motor temp. it was 240 F. I guess I screwed up two motors now! I went back to the original profile#6 and FDR at 3.9 and the car had modest power but not the same rip it did originally. Did I ruin the ESC? I checked the temp of the SPX after every run and it was fine! Not sure what to do to bring the rip back from before? Any suggestions!
Thanks in advance
nice one max i thought im the only one known for smoking motors see you on saturday!