R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Sp Racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
Yeah i pretty much started with it but i had to put the front sway bar back on, i'm not sure why but it felt alot more predictable with it on. It was like where everyone else was on power i couldn't be otherwise i would spin on a dime. people were powering around corners but i just had to coast it around, it was way off the pace.
You were not alone - my car had the steering rate turned down to 40% and was still very , very twitchy.

Just not used to this type of traction, and as always , we suffer from a serious lack of "data sharing"......need more fast Aussies using this car.

It would also "pivot" on the front wheels as you backed off and turned the wheel off center, like if you were to use 30 shore tyres on the front and 45's on the rear...horrible and almost impossible to drive, let alone string together consistant fast laps.

We tried diff and spool, no difference.

Any sudden steering input and you'd be off track and onto the grass (or the fence) - it was so damn hard to drive the car

Vertical front sway bar improved it a little, as did using TM orange front springs, but the car was crap.

When we put the car down at Lilydale - much less grip, it was almost drivable, however at the first sight of grip and on most of the tight corners that horrible "pivoting" came back.

We changed the front roll center back to the kit set-up ( upper outer ) and the car felt a little better, also tried some "different" front springs with really good results. ( we went through the whole TM range before doing this)

We backed off the angle on the rear sway bar and stood up the rear shocks 1 hole - car seemed to square up out of the turns better and had better drive; again, used different springs.

Awaiting the next clubbie for a real test....even considering posting the car to a mate in NSW so he can assess if these changes worked or not.