R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - fitzpatrick models uk warning
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 02:18 AM
Simond001
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ROZKO
Hi!

Simond001, i really dont understand what you are saying.

Yes, i lost some money because my friend payed via paypal.

How would we feel now if we knew that one lying John Fitzpatrick has my friends direkt VISA number?
That card wouldnt exist no more, i can tell you that!

regards,

Borut
Hi Borut.

VISA offer consumer protection, in the event that you do not recieve goods, the goods are faulty or the company ceases trading they can (and will) refund your money. This is becuase you are not purchasing the items from the online "shop" but from them.

Anyone accepting VISA is also more likely to be a legitimate business as they have to provide details to the banks.

Also, if a trader misuses card details they would be shut down immediately, and again your money would be refunded. You cannot set up a VISA retail account from [email protected] You can set up a paypal account with just [email protected]

As most sellers will advise, as soon as money comes into their paypal account they remove it. This is due to paypal erring on the side of the purchaser in disputes, and traders now being very wary of clawbacks. Unfortunately this has a detrimental effect in this instance.

If you fund your paypal account from a VISA debit card you may also have some redress. This link whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/ explains how they may be able to assist.

As an example to what you need to see on a ligitimate business website i would advise a site like this. modelsinmotion.co.uk
It shows a landline number, address and commercial bank payment options (credit cards).

I hope this helps, maybe have a look at the payment used to fund paypal, and you may have some comeback there.

Simond