R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Victoria IROCC Speed Weekend 2009 Race Date
Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Blake
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_gord24
Just a question about Saanich days. My first race in BC was the big chill this past fall, I've heard nothing but good things about the races put on by the Island racers and would like to attend both of the races put on by your club. However the Kamloops race is now scheduled for the August long weekend. Does this race now conflict with the Saanich Days weekend?
Hi again Ryan,

Yes, unfortunately there is a conflict here. I wouldn't hesitate to move our race if I could, but the only thing we cannot control about this race, is the date. As Phil mentioned, this race is part of the "Central Saanich Days" community celebration held annually on the August long weekend. This is the 4th consecutive year that IROCC will be part of the festivities. The race has been very successful every year with 85+ entries, and huge support from your very own Lower Mainland racers.

This creates a tough decision for Lower Mainlanders of course. Obviously I'd love to see you all over here again this August (I really can't speak highly enough of your awesome attendance at IROCC races over the last several years!), but I won't take it personally if you decide to head to the interior instead.

Anyway, stay tuned for the official Central Saanich Days Challenge thread to be created in the near future.

Blake "The Diplomat" Bell