R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

robk....Good points. Hope you dont mind me chimin in. I firmly beleive in bl/lipo as the future and ultimately the standard BUT....as I mentioned earlier, if the technology isn't limited to fit the goals of the program then we end up with the same problems as touring has had and still has. I understand also the pain of replacing gear. But didnt we do that before ? New batts....new esc's....new tires...etc. Tech changes and thats a fact we've all lived with. I really do understand your point but maybe we could do something along the lines of a time limit to change motor/batt combos. Lets say we plan the change for 6 months - 1 yr from now. That way people can plan for the future. These 21.5/2s combos should be sellable for some time for other uses. Keep in mind that this is all based on whether the decision to change the motor/batt choice ever happens. Bottom line...I think we need to remember what the purpose of VTA is and what it's goals are. Spec performance and affordability are a big part of it. Just a thought for the long term life of the program.