R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
INFERN0
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Newer chassis technology will always make for interesting debate, I personally think new cars with low cg and better geometry will have slight advantage over "tubbies" and the sort but then again I have yet to prove that.
If you are in a group that is that relaxed in the class fantastic, however the majority will look for every small advantage they can , be it spring rates on the suspension, how much or how little traction compound to use, cleaning the axles every run from carpet fibers, degreasing bearings and using "special lube" to get that extra inch of free roll etc. You understand what a large majority of racers will do to gain a slight advantage within the rules because you yourself have a TC5 for big events with a 21.5 correct?. I am not argueing or trying to flame but I am confused what you are concerned with if your club is good the way it is with the relaxed maintenance and lack of concern for that extra 100th of a second gain in performance from some trick you know then what is your issue as it seems other clubs have things running fairly smoothly as well from my prespective. Is it the national picture you do not agree with or the fact that someone in your club could conceivably run a 21.5 within the rules and dominate taking away that relaxed feel because you or others in the club would possbly no longer be able to compete on a level playing field?
I am just not quite understanding the issue here so this is why I ask.