R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Roll Centre and Camber Gain Calculator
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Giorgio
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
Giorgio,
Ok I think I understand what's happening. You are trying to change the position the camber link is connected to by changing the horizontal and vertical offset values using the Alternate Inner Position button. This won't work as you want.

If you want to see changes to the Rollcenter and Camber Gain you do this from The Setup page. On the setup page just click on the graphic inner camber pivot position you want and the link will change and the displayed Roll Centre and Camber Gain Value will change based on the new geometry.

The Model page is only for defining the Suspension Geometry. I know there is a roll centre number displayed on this page but it is only for the base model values that are displayed on the screen. When you click on the "Alternate Inner Positions" button what you are doing is just entering the values for the alternate positions on the shock tower. In the graphic display of the pop-up window the cross hair with the circle represents the location of the Base X2,Y2 point on the Model screen. The simple crosses represent the values that you have been entered in HorOffset and VertOffset table that is displayed.

So If you want to see the roll centre and camber gain values for a specific setup, do this from the Setup page not the Model page.

I think I need to work on a simple Users manual to help explain the operation.

Bobw for president!!!!!!

Being a technician I choose the most complicated way and not the easiest...

This stuff is great!!!