R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
miket3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Sounds like perhaps it served as an equalizer re: any potential advantage of one bl esc vs. another, but further sounds like a track TAILOR MADE to give 2s LiPo/21.5 a further distinct advantage over anyone trying to run a 4-cell setup. Limit the top speed on the straightaway (thus negate the FDR limitation...makes it a non-issue, or at least less of one) and make the head of the straight a location where the added punch of the higher voltage pulls the gap on a 4-cell car which it then has less effective straight to try and make up.

Not sure why the charade is maintained...it's become laughable. Go ahead and follow ROAR's lead and kill the 4-cell combos for official USVTA racing. Clubs can (and, I'm sure, we will) continue with the option, but for USVTA it's had the stake run through it's little round cell heart.
I doubt that was anyone's thought at all. Very nice people at this event put in alot of time and patientce to make sure everyone was well taken care of.

I do think the cars are much faster now than the class was initially intended to be, but what do you do at this point ?