R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USVTA TRANS-AM NATIONALS 2009
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:09 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You know what helped me from being hacked at the start, especially after qualifying 1st or 2nd?

WHOLE LOTTA PUNCH!

It's hard to get hit if no one can catch you! I purposely set my punch control to "modified" and did some screwing around with the throttle trim and exponential. I'd say 60-75% of my throttle input is within the first few millimeters of the trigger's travel. That way, when the tone sounds I can jump out a few feet ahead. Running drag brake helps from rear-ending people, too.

But in all seriousness, there's a difference between aggressive driving and being a hack. I can't recall one time actually being "hacked". Cutting inside and doing a little rubbin' or riding on someone's rear end is just how this class can be. Some people like it and some don't, plain and simple.

But remember, this isn't the company's opinion, only an EMPLOYEE of the company. Perhaps they should add a clause indicating that.

I'm just glad HPI was there to sponsor the event and provide freebies. If you're still pissed at HPI, just send all of those tires, bodies, and t-shirts to me