R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Dyno, Homemade, Using a Novak Sentry Data Logger, Continued, The Experimental Thread.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 AM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

John,

Here is a link to SP's website concerning the analyzer. I wasn't able to find an electronic version of the manual like the one that came with the product.

http://www.speedpassion.net/product.php?lang=&c=46

I assumed I would need to fabricate a suitable motor mount for use with the flywheel. I am confident that the SP BL Analyzer will function properly with any sensorless or sensored motor and any sensored ESC.

I only have a hard copy of the instructions and no way of scanning the information. However the manual says the analyzer will read from 0-100 amps in .01 amp increments and 0-27.5 Volts in .01 increments, and from 200-200,000 RPM on a 2 pole motor with .6% accuracy. At first glance I can not tell if the analyzer will output anything other than max, in, and avg data. hopefully the data is sampled and recorded in small enough increments to be useful. Once I have some motors to test and have run some data through it I will see about sending you some useful information. Thanks!

AWD

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 04-10-2009 at 01:12 AM.